It was very cold this morning. Iput on four layers of jackets and was still cold. Almost everyone was up early and had the buffet breakfast that is ncluded with the room.
The hotel is a long way from anything. I rode east 8 miles to get gas, but the station was closed. I retraced my route and rode 14 miles west to the closest open station. The sun was still very low in the sky and made it very difficult to navigate the highway.
The first order of business after breakfast was to line up to leave for the spot where we would take the group photo.
We started with a blessing.
Here’s jr and Maryann donning helmets.
The photo was taken at a gorgeous spot by a lake.
From the lake the group rode to a restaurant for lunch, but I continued into Calgary to do some fixing.
I had lunch at McDonald’s. In the parking lot a couple approached me and chatted for some time. They were riding bycycles, but also ride BMW motorcycles. They were most interested in my Air Hawk seat cushion. They gave me directions to Costco and offered to help me if I needed anything else.
I found Costco and asked them to replace the lost screw in the frame of my glasses. They did that and also adjusted the fit.
Next I went to Best Buy to see if they could test the power supply of my laptop. They connected one of their power supplies and the laptop did not resond. It may be time for a new one. I decided to buy a Bluetooth keyboard for my tablet, so I could write these posts more easily.
I rode back to the hotel, which is 50 miles west of Calgary. I tried washing off some more of the mud from my bike, but it is going to take some spray-on, heavy-duty soap to lift the mud.
This evening’s event we had the T-shirt exchange. I contributed a shirt from Fairbanks and received a shirt from the dealership in Bend, OR where my bike was repaired.
Tomorrow’s excursion to the ice fields has been cancelled because of the weather. It’s raining now and there is a forecast for rain. We were going to have to ride three hours to get to the bus that was to tsake us on the tour and, of course, we would have had to ride back in the same miserable weather. Cancellation was a good call.
So tomorrow we will probably play bingo in the chill room.